Instant Pot Bacon
Bacon lovers, rejoice! We have not just one but two rapid and effortless techniques for preparing irresistibly crispy bacon using the versatile Instant Pot. Let’s dive into these methods that will surely up your breakfast game!
The Instant Pot Duo Crisp isn’t just a kitchen gadget; it’s completely changed how we cook. This multi-functional powerhouse combines the abilities of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and even a sauté pan, all in one compact device. It’s designed to make your cooking experience more efficient and enjoyable. Whether crisping up bacon or whipping up an elaborate dish, the Instant Pot consistently delivers delicious results with minimal effort.
The Instant Pot isn’t just for soups and stews; it’s a bacon-crisping wonder. The sauté function transforms this nifty kitchen gadget into a mini frying station. Here’s how to unleash the full potential of your Instant Pot to make perfectly crispy bacon:
- Activate the sauté mode: Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode, selecting the low setting for optimal control.
- Crisping the bacon: Lay your strips of bacon inside the pot. Watch as they sizzle and gradually turn into golden, crispy delights. This process usually takes around 8 minutes, but keep an eye on it to achieve your desired level of crispiness.
Air fryer: effortless, crispy bacon
Set it and forget it: Place the bacon in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature and timer (usually about 7 minutes), and let the air fryer work its magic.
Why air frying wins: This method circulates hot air around the bacon, cooking it evenly and quickly. The result? Evenly cooked, crispy bacon without the hassle of flipping or monitoring.
Tips & Tricks
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind when cooking your bacon in the Instant Pot;
- Cutting bacon to fit: If your bacon strips are too long to fit in the pot, you can cut them in half. This makes it easier to lay them flat and cook them evenly.
- Avoid overcrowding: For best results, avoid overcrowding the pot. Lay the bacon strips in a single layer, giving each piece some space. This ensures even cooking and crispiness.
- Adjusting time for thickness: The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon. Thicker cuts may need more time, while thinner slices will crisp up faster.
- Safety precautions: Be cautious when opening the lid after using the sauté or air fryer function, as hot steam can escape. Also, handle the inner pot carefully, as it gets very hot.
- Water for less splatter: When using the sauté function, some people add a little water to the pot before adding the bacon. This can reduce splattering as the water heats up and evaporates before the bacon fries in its own fat.
If you love the simplicity and flavor that the Instant Pot brings to bacon, you’ll adore our other recipe.
- Mongolian Chicken Delight: Craving something savory and satisfying? Check out our mouth-watering Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken recipe. It’s a household favorite, combining the ease of Instant Pot cooking with the rich, umami flavors of Mongolian cuisine.
What is the best cut of bacon to use in the Instant Pot?
Thick-cut bacon works best in the Instant Pot as it holds up well during cooking and results in a satisfying texture. However, you can use regular bacon too; just keep an eye on the cooking time as it may vary.
How long does it take to cook bacon in an Instant Pot?
Typically, it takes about 5-10 minutes to cook bacon in an Instant Pot, depending on how crispy you like it. The pressure build-up and release time should also be considered in the total cooking time.
Can I cook a large batch of bacon in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you can cook a large batch, but it's important to layer the bacon pieces so they cook evenly. You might need to adjust the cooking time slightly for larger batches.
Is it necessary to add water or any liquid to the Instant Pot when cooking bacon?
We usually add some light cooking oil before placing the bacon into the Instant Pot, however, this is not necessary as the bacon will cook in its own fat.
Instant Pot Bacon
We love crispy bacon, and we have two quick and easy ways of cooking bacon in the Instant Pot (specifically the Instant Pot duo crisp)!
8 rashers bacon
3 sprays of light cooking oil
Switch on sauté mode on your instant pot and set it to low or air fryer mode and set the temperature to 400°F. Wait for the instant pot to reach temperature and then spray some light oil to the instant pot.
Add the bacon to the instant pot and line the bottom of the pot without overcrowding. If using sauté mode cook the bacon for roughly 4 minutes on each side, if you are instead using the air fryer mode cook for 7 minuites flipping the bacon at the half way point
You can increase or decrease the cooking time for your bacon depending on how crispy you’d like your bacon.
- Calories 324 kcal |
- Carbohydrate Content 0.7 g |
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg |
- Fat Content 32.7 g |
- Fiber Content 0 g |
- Protein Content 7.1 g |
- Serving Size 1 portion |
- Sodium Content 370.7 mg |
- Sugar Content 0.6 g |
About the author
Emma Donin is the culinary maestro behind this blog that serves as a melting pot of global cuisines and gastronomic adventures. Her culinary journey began in her grandmother's kitchen, where she learned the fundamentals of cooking and the importance of using fresh, quality ingredients.